Join us for our 2018 Young Company Summer Auditions
Date and Time: March 24th, 10:00 am. No sign up is necessary.
Location: Our Main Building, located at the corner of 25th and Blackwelder (see map)
What to prepare: Actors will need to memorize a 1-2 minute long monologue or poem. Actors auditioning for "Elf the Musical Jr." will also need to prepare 16 bars (about a minute) of a song of their choice, to be sung acapella. No musical accompaniment is allowed.
What to expect: When parents and young actors arrive they will need to fill out an application form. After signing in actors are broken into small groups and take turns performing their monologues in front of the group and directors. They may be asked to perform simple improvised scenes.
There are no in-person makeup auditions available outside of this date. Actors wishing to audition should submit a video instead.
For actors who are unable to make our auditions in person, we accept video auditions. Students will need to submit a 1-2 minute long video of themselves where they:
1) Clearly identify their name, age, and grade level.
2) Perform a memorized monologue or poem approx 1-2 minutes long.
3) Actors auditioning for "Elf the Musical Jr." will also need to prepare 16 bars (about a minute) of a song of their choice, sung acapella.
4) Video auditions must be uploaded to Youtube with privacy settings as Unlisted.
5) Complete and submit an online application form here.
Results for auditions will be sent out after the March 24th in person auditions.